What are the 100 ways to cook an egg?
So the story goes that the 100 folds in a chef’s hat represent the 100 ways to cook an egg, but is this true? Well, let’s see… there’s scrambled, over easy, over medium, over hard, poached, shirred, soft boiled, hard boiled, pickled, baked, sunny side up; in an omelette, quiche, or frittata; etc, etc, etc.
What are the 6 ways to cook an egg?
6 Ways to Cook Eggs
- SOFT BOILED. Cookware: Pot. Preperation: Cover eggs with cold water, bring to boil, cover, shut off heat and let sit for 2-8 minutes. …
- HARD BOILED. Cookware: Pot. …
- POACHED. Cookware: Sauté Pan. …
- SUNNY SIDE UP. Cookware: Skillet. …
- OVER EASY. Cookware: Skillet. …
- Scrambled. Cookware: Nonstick Skillet.
What are the 5 types of fried eggs?
How to Fry the Perfect Egg
- Sunny side up: The egg is fried with the yolk up and is not flipped.
- Over easy: The egg is flipped and the yolk is still runny.
- Over medium: The egg is flipped and the yolk is only slightly runny.
- Over well: The egg is flipped and the yolk is cooked hard.
What cooking methods are best for eggs?
Overall, shorter and lower-heat cooking methods cause less cholesterol oxidation and help retain most of the egg’s nutrients. For this reason, poached and boiled (either hard or soft) eggs may be the healthiest to eat. These cooking methods also don’t add any unnecessary calories.
Why do chefs hats have 100 pleats?
Pleated chef’s hats have a two-fold purpose. … In the early days of the toque blanche, pleats would often represent how many recipes a chef had mastered. So, a chef with 100 pleats may know 100 different ways to boil an egg or prepare a chicken.
How do I make hard scrambled eggs?
- Use a medium-high heat. …
- Crack your eggs into the pan (or into a bowl if you’re fancy), season, and stir with a rubber spatula. …
- Keep your eggs moving. …
- Cook until you no longer have visible liquid in the pan, about five to seven minutes.
- Remove immediately – leaving eggs in a hot pan can leave them rubbery.
What are the basic methods in cooking egg for breakfast?
Here are 11 ways to cook an egg.
- Hard Boiled. A hard boiled egg is cooked in its shell in boiling water. …
- Soft Boiled. Soft boiled eggs follow the same process as hard boiled eggs, but you cut the cooking time roughly in half. …
- Hard Scrambled. …
- Soft Scrambled. …
- Sunny Side Up. …
- Over Easy. …
- Over Medium. …
- Over Hard.
8 апр. 2014 г.
How do you fry 4 eggs?
- Carefully break an egg into a small bowl. …
- Heat oil in a large (and preferably non-stick) sauté pan over medium heat. …
- Or, flip the egg over and cook for an additional 10-30 seconds for over-easy eggs, or 30-60 seconds for over-medium eggs, or 1-2 minutes for over-hard eggs.
6 апр. 2017 г.
Are scrambled eggs the same as fried eggs?
Scrambled eggs are eggs that have been beaten together and cooked using gentle heat. The aim is to coagulate the egg so it sets. With fried eggs there’s flavour from the fat used, textural contrasts from crispy edges, mellow yolk and the egg white.
What’s a fried egg called?
A fried egg is commonly referred to as a “poached egg” in Indian English. In central and northern India’s English-speaking middle classes and mid-level restaurants, “single-fried” refers to sunny side up (also known as a “bullseye”) and “double-fried” to over hard.
What does grade AA mean for eggs?
U.S. Grade AA eggs have whites that are thick and firm; yolks that are high, round, and practically free from defects; and clean, unbroken shells. Grade AA and Grade A eggs are best for frying and poaching where appearance is important, and for any other purpose.
What is the hardest way to cook an egg?
Ever the classic, scrambled eggs are probably the easiest eggs to cook but the hardest to master, depending on your preference. Essentially, scrambled eggs are beaten egg whites and yolks that you stir over low heat until little “curds” begin to form.
Is boiled egg better than fried egg?
Hard-boiled eggs are prepared without additional oil or butter, so they’re lower in calories and fat than fried eggs. They may just be one of the easiest and most nutritious additions to your diet.
Why Are eggs bad for you?
Eggs and cholesterol
While egg yolks are high in cholesterol and are a major source of dietary cholesterol, it is saturated fatty acids that have a greater effect on our blood cholesterol levels and, therefore, heart disease risk.