What is the metal thing hanging from grill?
This chain is called the matchstick holder and is used to manually light the grill in case an issue should arise with the electronic igniter system.
Do grills get stolen?
As grills have become more and more valuable, they have also increasingly become the target of thieves. The common practice of storing grills outside also make them a tempting target for thieves.
Why is there a chain on my grill?
That little chain hanging from your bbq is a matchstick holder for lighting the grill manually when the electric igniter system is broken. To light your grill with the matchstick holder, place a match in the holder and then strike it to light it.
How do you secure a grill?
If you don’t have a grill cover, place a couple of heavy sandbags across the grill’s crossbars to anchor it. This helps keep your grill from not only rolling or sliding but from tipping over as well. Anchoring the grill to a nearby structure is the best way to truly secure the grill in the face of high winds.
How do you light a gas grill with a match?
How to Light a Gas Grill Manually
- Open the lid of your grill and find the lighting hole on the side of the grill.
- Once you see that, place a match in the curled end of the holder. Then light the match.
- Turn on the gas burner closest to the hole. …
- After the first burner is lit, turn on adjacent burners to cross-light them.
Can your grill be too windy?
Wind: Wind affects gas and charcoal grills more than anything else. When it is windy, it may be helpful to angle a gas grill so the wind is perpendicular to the flow of the gas through the burner tubes. … For safety, avoid using your charcoal grill in high wind.
How do I stop my car cover from blowing?
Secure your covers with Gust Guard and prevent them from blowing away! Gust Guard was developed by a retired automotive engineer who got tired of replacing his neighbor’s car covers after each storm. Even those with a center clamp were constantly blown off in any strong winds.
How do you secure an outdoor table cover?
How to Use Cover Clamps on Your Outdoor Furniture Cover
- Place the cover over the piece of furniture and secure any buckle straps or drawcords.
- Unlock the clamp by pressing on the center lever and sliding the crossbar towards the hook insert.
- Secure the clamps to the opposite sides of the cover bottom.