If you have a deep fryer, you can skip the oven and fry perfectly browned tots. Heat the oil to 375 F. Add Tater Tots until the basket is no more than one-half full. Overfilling the basket may cause the tots to be unevenly cooked.
How long do you deep fry tater tots?
Fill deep fryer not more than half full of oil. Fill fryer basket not more than half full of frozen Extra Crispy Tater Tots. Carefully lower basket into hot oil. Fry 3–4 minutes.
Can tater tots be deep fried?
Fill the deep-fryer basket no more than halfway with tater tots and submerge them in the preheated oil. Fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Lift the deep-fryer basket out of the hot oil and pour the tater tots into a bowl lined with paper towels to soak up excess oil. Serve and enjoy the fried tater tots.
How do you deep fry frozen Tater Tots?
Be careful not to spatter or spill oil onto hot burner of range.
- Preheat cooking oil in electric deep fryer to 375°F. Fill deep fryer not more than half full of oil.
- Fill fryer basket not more than half full of frozen Tater Tots. Carefully lower basket into hot oil.
- Fry 3-4 minutes. …
- Drain on paper towels.
How do you make tater tots crispy?
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add tater tots to a baking sheet. Pour bacon grease over the tater tots. Sprinkle with season salt. …
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Turn tater tots over and return to oven for 10- 15 minutes or until crispy and brown.
- Serve immediately.
19 апр. 2016 г.
Can I bake Tater Tots at 375?
Heat the oil to 375 F. Add Tater Tots until the basket is no more than one-half full. Overfilling the basket may cause the tots to be unevenly cooked. Lower basket into the oil and fry for three to four minutes until golden brown.
Can I pan fry frozen Tater Tots?
TO COOK FROZEN TATER TOTS IN A SKILLET
First heat oil at a depth of ¼ inch in the bottom of your skillet over medium high heat. Cook until the amount of crispness that you prefer – turning frequently.
Are tater tots fried before frozen?
Are frozen Tater Tots already fried? Crispy, salty, greasy tater tots may be a cafeteria favorite, but they aren’t necessarily healthy. Even if you bake them from frozen rather than frying them, they’ve already had a significant amount of fat added during processing.
Can tater tots be microwaved?
Although you can microwave Tater Tots, it’s not recommended. The microwave will warm the Tots, but they won’t get as crispy as when you bake, deep-fry or grill them.
Can you bake Tater Tots 350?
Spread 1 bag of frozen tater tots onto a baking sheet or large skillet, and bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes. Prep the toppings while the tater tots are toasting. … Once the tots are done baking, remove them from the oven and top with only the chorizo and cheese.
Can I cook Tater Tots on the grill?
Heat grill to medium heat. Spread TATER TOTS onto bottom of disposable foil pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. … Grill 20 to 22 min. or until TATER TOTS are heated through, stirring after 12 min.
How do you cook Ore Ida tater tots?
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Arrange frozen Extra Crispy Tater Tots in a single layer on an 11″ x 17″ baking sheet.
- Heat 19 to 21 minutes. Cook to a light golden color.
Who makes the best frozen Tater Tots?
The Best Potato Tots: Alexia Organic Yukon Select Puffs.
How do you keep tater tots from getting soggy?
Tater tots have a bad rap as a soggy cafeteria staple, but bake them at home and they crisp up nicely in the oven. Drain any unwanted oil from them on paper towels and they become perfectly crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. They’re also highly underrated as an ingredient in other dishes.
How long do you cook Tater Tots at 400?
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the tater tots and the olive oil in a bowl. Toss to coat, spread on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the tater tots from the oven, season with salt and pepper and transfer to a mixing bowl.