Rice doesn’t really have any flavor on its own; the best moment to give it some is during the cooking process. Try adding some chicken broth or a bouillon cube to the water. You could throw in any spice or herb you’d like, honestly.
What can I add to boiled rice to make it tasty?
3 Easy Ways to Make a Boring Pot of Rice Taste Amazing
- Toast the grains. Toasting the dry rice grains in a little butter or olive oil before adding the water brings out their flavor and adds a fantastic nutty note in the finished dish. …
- Cook the rice with chicken or vegetable broth. …
- Season the rice with what you’re cooking.
8 июн. 2019 г.
What is a good seasoning to add to rice?
If you want something a bit more unique, try cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, or a combination of the three. Together, earthy cumin, floral cardamom, and warm cinnamon can infuse your rice with traditional Indian character. To take things up a notch, Spiceography suggests frying the spices in oil first.
How do you spice up cooked white rice?
Combine your pre-cooked rice with some fresh parsley or other herbs, and boil in some water with lemon juice and olive oil. For extra tangy dolmas, drizzle them with a bit of fresh lemon juice, just before serving.
What can I mix with white rice?
- Butter and parmesan cheese.
- Toasted sesame seeds.
- Creamy gravy.
- Cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sauteed garlic, mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.
- Broccoli flowerets and cheese.
- Toasted peanuts or cashews.
Do you season rice before or after cooking?
most of the time you should do it before. It will allow the flavors to absorb during the cooking process. Before. But even before that, put your rice in the pot dry and toast it for a couple of minutes to bring out the nutty flavor.
What to add to white rice to make it taste better?
No need to stress about dinnertime — just throw a pot on the stovetop and get cooking.
- Add Herbs. Shutterstock. …
- Cook It In Broth. …
- Add Cilantro And Lime. …
- Drizzle On Soy Sauce. …
- Sprinkle On Furikake. …
- Mix In Salsa. …
- Add Beans. …
- Put An Egg On It.
30 авг. 2015 г.
What to add to brown rice to make it taste good?
15 Easy Ways to Season Brown Rice
- Add in Garlic salt – So easy and really bumps up the flavor.
- Add in a bouillon cube or granules when you cook the rice for extra flavor.
- Mix in some salsa and some cumin for a tex-mex taste.
- Add an egg and fry it for a healthier fried rice.
23 авг. 2017 г.
How do you season rice after cooking?
Add some diced onions, cranberries, cherries, or peas to the pot where you’re cooking rice. The flavor will seep into the rice during the cooking process, creating a rich built-in flavor for your rice. You can also add in herbs or spices that pair well with the vegetables you’re adding.